<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Sunday, September 05, 2004

    The List

    This song came after the horrible 9/11 and at that time I was going through a very difficult time in my life.. but after I heard this song I knew that there was more things I should do to cherish my life and my time with with the ones I love.. and ya know.. the night I had asked Robert to marry me.. I heard this song on my way over to his house and it made me decide for sure that I shouldn't wait so much longer to get into a marriage again because we really don't know how much longer we have in our days of living...

    This song is by Toby Keith and it's called "The List"



    The List
    Toby Keith

    Under an old brass paperweight is my list of things to do today
    Go to the bank and the hardware store,
    put a new lock on the cellar door
    I cross 'em off as I get 'em done
    but when the sun is set
    There's still more than a few things left I haven't got to yet
    Go for a walk, say a little prayer
    Take a deep breath of mountain air
    Put on my glove and play some catch
    It's time that I make time for that
    Wade the shore and cast a line
    Pick up a long lost friend of mine
    Sit on the porch and give my girl a kiss
    Start livin', that's the next thing on my list

    Wouldn't change the course of fate
    but cuttin' the grass just had to wait
    'Cause I've bot more important things
    like pushin' my kid on the backyard swing
    I won't break my back for a million bucks I can't take to my grave
    So why put off for tomorrow
    what I could get done today Like go for a walk,
    say a little prayer Take a deep breath of mountain air
    Put on my glove and play some catch
    It's time that I make time for that Wade the shore and cast a line
    Pick up a long lost friend of mine
    Sit on the porch and give my girl a kiss
    Start livin', that's the next thing on my list

    Raise a little hell, laugh 'til it hurts
    Put an extra five in the plate at church
    Call up my folks just to chat It's time that I make time for that
    Stay up late, then oversleep
    Show her what she means to me
    Catch up on all the things I've always missed
    Just start livin', that's the next thing on my list
    Under an old brass paperweight
    Is my list of things to do today.....


    Some of these stuff relates to me and some don't but of course everyone has something in this song that relates to them..

    At that time of my life when this song came out.. I had distanced myself away from everyone.. I was angry, depressed and every feeling in the world.. I wanted everyone to "hurt" like I was but now that I look back.. I was only hurting myself because I wasn't taking the time to be with them and let them help me through the seperation and the divorce..

    This song really made me stop and think a lot lately when I hear it because now I really believe that my family and I are closer now because I've actually started opening up and talking to my mom and sister about my feelings and asking for help..

    Thanks Mom and Mary!!!!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home