<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Thursday, August 19, 2004

    PCOS (PolyCystic Ovaries Syndrome)

    well i'm back home from work so I thought I'd make a post.. I was thinking at work what could I post this evening and thought.. hmm how about PCOS so you all would know if another woman said they had POCS you'd know what they are going through..

    I have PCOS and have been dx'ed with it since around 1998 after my ex husband and I had been trying to conceive a pregnancy for a while.. we were actually trying for about 2 years before i got dx'ed, first it was hypoactive thryoid and I started taking medicine for that.. then I went to a endocrinogist first for my thryoid but when I told her about all the symptoms she said hmmm.. let's do some blood tests and about 3 weeks later she sent me a letter confirming i have PCOS.. so I went back to my ob/gyn who started doing a lot of different medical stuff to see if i could get pregnant.. I even went on the fertility drugs called Clomid and still didn't get pregnant.. well after almost 4 years of trying to get pregnant.. 2 days after Mother's day in 2000 I found out I was FINALLY pregnant.. but unfortunely a month later I had a miscarriage.. I was devestated and of course wanted a baby so badly.. I was Due in Feb. of 2001!!!

    PCOS can do many different things to a woman.. some of them may show NO symptoms of having PCOS and can have children with no problems.. on the other hand there is women like me who have 1 or more symptoms of having PCOS.. and believe me.. I HAVE ALL OF THEM!!!

    Here is some examples of the symptoms.. 1) irregular menstural cycles, 2)infertility, 3) loss of scalp hair (i have that and I HATE IT!!!) 4)excess facial hair or other parts of the body, 5) dark patchy skins on the neck or legs, arms .. there is a few other symptoms.. just can't think of what it is right now lol there's sooo much to it.. but i have had all the symptoms that I have listed..

    Many people especially children look at me and think i'm a male.. until they look me up and down and see i have a purse or something then they'll know i'm a woman.. which i totally hate.. yes I'm very self concious (bad sp) but can't help it.. how I always have been.. but anyway.. PCOS do cause a lot of problems for a woman...

    I am taking medications for my thyroid and also Insulin Resistance due to the PCOS and currently am "semi" trying to have a baby with my new husband.. we're trying on and off.. since he's also having a medical condition that may prevent us from having a baby.. so we may eventually adopt a child later down the road in our marriage but for now.. we're having fun trying for a baby of our own.. and of course I have my sister's 3 kids to spoil hehe..

    Here's a Link you could go to if you are intrested in looking up more info on PCOS.. cause I know i didn't tell everything but just the basics.. and the link is....

    http://www.soulcysters.com/resources.html

    Meet ya at the next Post :)


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home