Mother,Daughters.Sister's Day Together
For MONTHS Mom, Mary and I had been talking about wanting to get together and start with our quilts etc. Mary and I have had so much excitement on being able to get together to do something together.. we bought our fabrics, quilting "tools" like Rotary Cutter, rulers, scissors etc. and just couldn't wait to have that special day!!
Like I said it was MONTHS ago when we started talking about this.. but we just really had a hard time coming up on a day we could all get together.. Mom has been on vacation a few times, Mary has had previous commitments with her kids activites etc. and I had other plans that is until a week ago saturday when we had our birthday dinner.. Mary and I talked about getting together on the following saturday and we put down on calendar that this was the day we chose.. for the following saturday.. which was YESTERDAY!!!
At first I wasn't gonna go because since Friday morning up till yesterday I had a REALLY BAD headache and didn't really think I could do a good job on learning stuff with a headache and nothing was helping it.. But when Mary got me on the messenger she said "get dressed and go to mom's!!" well I don't usually follow what my sister says but I told robert i'd go to mom's and I went and got dressed and I got to mom and dad's house and about a minute later Mary arrived.. we talked and worked out our "strategy" for the day...
We first had to go to Wal Mart and buy a few things that we would need.. Sewing machine needles, Batting, Quilting Basting Spray and then we were on our way home.. we had lunch first and then we got to work... we had our own little stations on the dining room table.. I really wish we had pictures taken for this thing.. showing that we were really working!!! LOL
Mom helped me with learning how to measure the fabric the right way and cutting the material etc. I was really really nervous because I wanted to make sure I was making 4 place mats right.. I had enough material where I started cutting for 4 placemats, 4 "coasters" to match the placemats and another 4 coasters for the living room!! and still have some materials left hehe..
Time really really flew throughout the day.. before we knew it was getting to be 5 30!! we just really had fun having a mom/daughters/sister day.. we talked about things related to quilting giving ideas on what we wanted to do and our suggestions etc. and I really didn't want to end the day but I knew we would have to.... I managed to get all the materials cut etc. and got 1 together (not sewn yet) but that's my next task is getting everything pinned together and then sew it!!!
I told Mary last night on the VP that I talked to mom and I suggested that we get together every month 1st Saturday of the month and work on quilting etc. and Mary said YES and mom said YES too so i'm excited to start having this get together..
My placemats won't be done by christmas but that's ok.. it'll be ready for next year :) Since probably next year christmas might be having it here at my house or will it be mom's??? hmmm LOL
My next project on my quilting will have something to do with Precious Moments OF COURSE hehe.. I'm thinking of making a "Quilt Throw" or maybe just a pillow or something haven't really decided on which I will do... Eventually I'm wanting to make something with a Monkey on it.. that'll be for Robert.. Just dont' know what unless he tells me what he would want me to make (hint hint robert) hehe..
Well.. that's about all the excitement I got going on in my life right now..I guess I'll close for now..
Like I said it was MONTHS ago when we started talking about this.. but we just really had a hard time coming up on a day we could all get together.. Mom has been on vacation a few times, Mary has had previous commitments with her kids activites etc. and I had other plans that is until a week ago saturday when we had our birthday dinner.. Mary and I talked about getting together on the following saturday and we put down on calendar that this was the day we chose.. for the following saturday.. which was YESTERDAY!!!
At first I wasn't gonna go because since Friday morning up till yesterday I had a REALLY BAD headache and didn't really think I could do a good job on learning stuff with a headache and nothing was helping it.. But when Mary got me on the messenger she said "get dressed and go to mom's!!" well I don't usually follow what my sister says but I told robert i'd go to mom's and I went and got dressed and I got to mom and dad's house and about a minute later Mary arrived.. we talked and worked out our "strategy" for the day...
We first had to go to Wal Mart and buy a few things that we would need.. Sewing machine needles, Batting, Quilting Basting Spray and then we were on our way home.. we had lunch first and then we got to work... we had our own little stations on the dining room table.. I really wish we had pictures taken for this thing.. showing that we were really working!!! LOL
Mom helped me with learning how to measure the fabric the right way and cutting the material etc. I was really really nervous because I wanted to make sure I was making 4 place mats right.. I had enough material where I started cutting for 4 placemats, 4 "coasters" to match the placemats and another 4 coasters for the living room!! and still have some materials left hehe..
Time really really flew throughout the day.. before we knew it was getting to be 5 30!! we just really had fun having a mom/daughters/sister day.. we talked about things related to quilting giving ideas on what we wanted to do and our suggestions etc. and I really didn't want to end the day but I knew we would have to.... I managed to get all the materials cut etc. and got 1 together (not sewn yet) but that's my next task is getting everything pinned together and then sew it!!!
I told Mary last night on the VP that I talked to mom and I suggested that we get together every month 1st Saturday of the month and work on quilting etc. and Mary said YES and mom said YES too so i'm excited to start having this get together..
My placemats won't be done by christmas but that's ok.. it'll be ready for next year :) Since probably next year christmas might be having it here at my house or will it be mom's??? hmmm LOL
My next project on my quilting will have something to do with Precious Moments OF COURSE hehe.. I'm thinking of making a "Quilt Throw" or maybe just a pillow or something haven't really decided on which I will do... Eventually I'm wanting to make something with a Monkey on it.. that'll be for Robert.. Just dont' know what unless he tells me what he would want me to make (hint hint robert) hehe..
Well.. that's about all the excitement I got going on in my life right now..I guess I'll close for now..




1 Comments:
Hey Runt!
Yeah! I really enjoyed the day together yesterday! I FINALLY got my stuff together so now I need to figure how to get the tension in order on the sewing machine so I can SEW!!! AHHH!! :) May get that done Thursday so I can get those christmas gifts sewn! So Can wrap it up and give out as gifts ;)
Can't wait to get to our day together again in January! OH BOY!! :)
Love ya! M
Post a Comment
<< Home