Our Day Trip
Yesterday Robert and I went to Cookeville to Burgess Fall State park where his sister and brother in law went.. Robert wanted to go so off we went yesterday :)
When we got there we sat at a picnic table and ate lunch then we started the trail.. now this place has 3/4 mile trail where you can walk through the trail and see 3 waterfalls.. what I like to call the daddy, mommy, and baby waterfall..
Almost immediately starting the trail you see the baby waterfall and it was cute to see a little waterfall.. but walk just up a little more and there's a overlook where we can get a better view of it and we took some pictures of it and it had a bench where you could sit and enjoy the view..
Walk up some trail where I absolutely panicked!!! see I don't mind walking but where there's steps etc. I MUST have railing which this one had steps some that had railing some didn't.. but some of the steps were really "big" and my poor little legs couldn't get me up the step.. Robert had to help me with these steps.. but he could tell in my voice that I was really scared when got rocks on one side and walking on a very very narrow path then on the other side of me is just a "drop off" into the trees and water... Then FINALLY we got to the "Middle Falls" which I like to call the Mommy Falls.. it was realy pretty but after finally calming down I couldn't really appreciate the beauty of it...
Robert asked me if I wanted to stay there and he go on to the big water fall and he'd come back for me.. I said NO WAY!!! I wasn't gonna just stand around where I could encounter Snakes etc. nope so I told him i'd try my best to get there... We saw a lady coming back towards our way so Robert asked her how far it was to the next fall.. she said oh it's not that far just right up ahead.. (in my mind i was thinking just around the curve here!!) NOPE but it wasn't that far thankfully and the walk was pretty much on level ground.. we made it to the BIG FALL!!! which was really pretty.. just to see the rocks and the water etc. there is a trail that can take you to the base of the fall but i was like NO WAY am I going down there!!! Robert didnt' want to go down there either so we just took some pics and sat down and rested for a while... when we had approached the big fall we saw a sign pointing to steps that said "to the parking lot" so I was GLAD that we didn't have to go back on the trail to our car..
We walked up the steps and was met by just gravel road.. so Robert and I thought... Mmmmm not too bad maybe it's just a short road down there to the parking lot.. Then we walked and walked and WALKED!! it was another 3/4 mile BACK to the parking lot.. Should've known!! we went up and down the road and finally saw the parking lot and our sweet car!!! As soon as I got in I turned on the AC to get cooled off AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
See, I don't mind walking and Robert needs to walk and exercise but dang just wasn't expecting that much!! I told robert I was gonna get his sister for this he laughed.. I did enjoy our trip though.. it was good and the weather was wonderful it wasnt' hot like in humid hot but it was warm enough to enjoy the cool breeze that came our way at times..
Here's some pictures !!!!
The sign when entering the Burgess Falls Trail

The Baby Falls

Another View of the Baby Fall from the Overlook

Robert coming over the bridge on our way to Mommy Fall

Sign at Middle (Mommy) Falls

Mommy Falls

Me at the Middle Fall....

Robert at the Middle Fall....

The Big Daddy Fall... (one side of it at least)

The Rock at the Big Fall...
When we got there we sat at a picnic table and ate lunch then we started the trail.. now this place has 3/4 mile trail where you can walk through the trail and see 3 waterfalls.. what I like to call the daddy, mommy, and baby waterfall..
Almost immediately starting the trail you see the baby waterfall and it was cute to see a little waterfall.. but walk just up a little more and there's a overlook where we can get a better view of it and we took some pictures of it and it had a bench where you could sit and enjoy the view..
Walk up some trail where I absolutely panicked!!! see I don't mind walking but where there's steps etc. I MUST have railing which this one had steps some that had railing some didn't.. but some of the steps were really "big" and my poor little legs couldn't get me up the step.. Robert had to help me with these steps.. but he could tell in my voice that I was really scared when got rocks on one side and walking on a very very narrow path then on the other side of me is just a "drop off" into the trees and water... Then FINALLY we got to the "Middle Falls" which I like to call the Mommy Falls.. it was realy pretty but after finally calming down I couldn't really appreciate the beauty of it...
Robert asked me if I wanted to stay there and he go on to the big water fall and he'd come back for me.. I said NO WAY!!! I wasn't gonna just stand around where I could encounter Snakes etc. nope so I told him i'd try my best to get there... We saw a lady coming back towards our way so Robert asked her how far it was to the next fall.. she said oh it's not that far just right up ahead.. (in my mind i was thinking just around the curve here!!) NOPE but it wasn't that far thankfully and the walk was pretty much on level ground.. we made it to the BIG FALL!!! which was really pretty.. just to see the rocks and the water etc. there is a trail that can take you to the base of the fall but i was like NO WAY am I going down there!!! Robert didnt' want to go down there either so we just took some pics and sat down and rested for a while... when we had approached the big fall we saw a sign pointing to steps that said "to the parking lot" so I was GLAD that we didn't have to go back on the trail to our car..
We walked up the steps and was met by just gravel road.. so Robert and I thought... Mmmmm not too bad maybe it's just a short road down there to the parking lot.. Then we walked and walked and WALKED!! it was another 3/4 mile BACK to the parking lot.. Should've known!! we went up and down the road and finally saw the parking lot and our sweet car!!! As soon as I got in I turned on the AC to get cooled off AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
See, I don't mind walking and Robert needs to walk and exercise but dang just wasn't expecting that much!! I told robert I was gonna get his sister for this he laughed.. I did enjoy our trip though.. it was good and the weather was wonderful it wasnt' hot like in humid hot but it was warm enough to enjoy the cool breeze that came our way at times..
Here's some pictures !!!!
The sign when entering the Burgess Falls Trail

The Baby Falls

Another View of the Baby Fall from the Overlook

Robert coming over the bridge on our way to Mommy Fall

Sign at Middle (Mommy) Falls

Mommy Falls

Me at the Middle Fall....

Robert at the Middle Fall....

The Big Daddy Fall... (one side of it at least)

The Rock at the Big Fall...




1 Comments:
Hey Sandy and Robert,
Those pictures shows how pretty the falls are.. We may go by there whenever we go to Murfreesboro for the Tupperware party.. Glad you enjoy your trip there .. Thanks for posting the pictures.. :)
M-
Post a Comment
<< Home