<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Thursday, February 22, 2007

    Allergies

    As some of you know i've been having problems with sinus infections, asthma etc. but mainly the sinus infections constantly...

    Well last week on the 14th , I had 3 asthma attacks within 24 hours.. and finally a co worker told me to go to my family dr and get a breathing treatment.. which I did... and my family dr got very concerned about me having constant problems with wheezing and allt he other problems..

    He had already set me up with an allergy clinic to be tested and see what could be causing my problems.. but I thought it was for March but come to find out it was for the following monday (Glad that I had called to confirm that appt.)


    I had asked mom and mary to go with me to the appt.. even though mom and mary could've went in with me they stayed in the waiting room keeping each other company since the test I was having I couldn't move during the test..

    The dr came in and asked me questions and ordered a "lung test" which just basically tests how well I can breathe into this little machine .. did that twice then was brought back into the room where I was to lay down on my stomach and the nurse talked to me and explained what she was doing.. She had put numerous of stuff on my back which were mixes of different things.. so they were just first trying to find what my body reacted to.. and after she put all that stuff in me.. she said it would take 15 mins and she'd be back and not to move.. hmmmm kinda hard considering a place under my shoulder blade was BURNING and a place right where I could reach was ITCHING!!

    Finally after 15 mins she came back in and wrote down the results and I told her about the burning and itching places.. she said yeah and told me what it was... the itching was the Histamine... and the burning was where it was showing a severe allergy to the mix.. So she told me I had to have ANOTHER kind of allergy test but this time on my arm.. I was like ok no big deal considering that at least this one I could move around and had no problem with that.. ahem.. yeah right.. boy was I wrong...

    she came back in after I got dressed and had me sit up straight and she placed 2 trays next to me.. a total of 22 needles.. YIKES!!!!!!!! She asked me if i had any problems with needles and I said no they didn't bother me.. boy the way she put the needles in me.. I HAD A PROBLEM!! She put each needle right under the skin.. NOT INTO the arm but under the skin.. where you could see the "fluid" right in the skin.. and she said it would take 15 mins on this one.. ok sure no problem...

    when she came back in 15 mins.. there were 4 or 5 places where it was severely red and the skin was raised so badly it wasn't even funny.. She told me the bad news.. I'm allergic to cats and dogs.. (I knew at this time what my family would say) but that I was severely allergic mostly to the Dust mites/Dust ...

    By this time it was really a long time when I was in the room so mom asked the rececptionist about being able to see me and she said sure.. so mom came into the room and I told her she could get mary and come in as we were done with the test.. just now waiting for the dr to come in.. I showed mom and mary what my arm looked like and they were like WOW!!! they knew it was bad news when they walked in.. geez they got that "mom intution".

    The dr came in and he told me I was allergic to this and that like a type of grass, mold, mildew, dogs, cats etc. but he said professionally he has to advise me to give up the cats and dogs.. but that I was gonna do what I was gonna do.. But he didn't think they were the main reason for my asthma problems.. just wasn't helping anything.. he felt it was the dust, and dust mites since i was severely allergic to those.. and possibly the mold was making my asthma problems worse..

    He ordered a chest x ray and also a CT scan of my sinus to see what is up with the sinus infection.. and he also put me on some new medication and kept me on the others I was already on.. So right now I'm feeling pretty good and can feel the difference so far but it takes up to 2 weeks to feel the full effect of the medicine. I go back to see him in a month.. and I already did the x ray and CT Scan yesterday so hopefully I'll hear back soon about the results..

    And if you're asking yourself about the dogs and cats... they're not going anywhere.. they are gonna stay right in my house with me.. I have no real human children of my own and probably will never have children.. but Squeekers, Monkey, Carmel, Max and Puggly are my children and I can NOT give them up..

    In the meantime I am doing research on what I can do to alleveiate the problems with the dust etc. and found some good info. and products.. Robert and I are planning one weekend to really clean this house and try to get rid of some of the dust and mites in here.. it's gonna take a long process but we'll make it.. it'll be all worth it in the end :)

    3 Comments:

    Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

    I knew you wouldn't give up the pets.. Hope those medication will help you to feel better and be able to live the life normally.. :)

    Love ya Mary

    7:45 PM  
    Blogger Patty said...

    Iam so glad you are able to keep them. I know how much you love them. I have children but my pets are my children also. In fact my Mom thinks I am a kook.

    6:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't blame you for not giving up your babies. When Bambi was a little baby, my poodle had an epileptic seizure (I didn't know she had it until then), so I went flying down the street in the car with the dog and yelled at my fatherinlaw to go up and stay with Bambi. What would've happened if he hadn't been outside? I don't know but I knew that dog had been my baby longer than Bambi had. I guess when I figured out I had a daughter and she wasn't with me, I would've gone back and got her. I hope you get all your allergies cleared up. Sorry, my password isn't working. I know what it is, it just won't work anymore.

    10:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home