<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Thursday, September 16, 2004

    Jesus Was A Country Boy

    Jesus was A Country Boy By Clay Walker (country singer)

    I stumbled on a preacher, Sunday morning,
    All decked out and made up for TV,
    Askin' for some money from God's people:
    Talking all that high theology.

    Well, I might be just an old blue collar:

    There's things about the Lord that I don't know.
    But I bet he never had a million dollars,
    Or wore a lot of stylish fancy clothes.

    'Cause Jesus was a country boy,

    Walkin' down a dirt road,
    with everything that he owned,
    He never met a stranger.
    Born in a barn underneath the stars,
    His Mama laid him in a manger.
    Swimmin' in the river,
    fishin' for his dinner,
    Livin' with the sinners like me.
    Makes me think, Jesus was a country boy.

    My Daddy never cared much for religion,

    And my Mama worried a lot about his soul.
    She'd hit her knees and pray for him on Sunday,
    While Daddy hit his favorite fishin' hole.

    You see, Daddy was a rebel and a rambler,

    But I always knew he loved my Mama so.
    An' I never doubted he'd make it to Heaven,
    'Cause it ain't who you are, it's who you know.

    An' Daddy knew:

    that Jesus was a country boy
    ,Walkin' down a dirt road,
    with everything that he owned
    ,He never met a stranger.
    Born in a barn underneath the stars,
    His Mama laid him in a manger.
    Swimmin' in the river, fishin' for his dinner,
    Livin' with the sinners like me.
    Makes me think, Jesus was a country boy.
    Oh, yes, and I believe that Jesus was a country boy.


    this is a new song that has come out and I just loved it the 1st time I heard it!!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home