The Pony Ride
This is a story about what happened to me when I was approximately 6 or 7 years old.. I was living in Wendell North Carolina..
At this time as I recall it... since this happend over 20 years ago so my memory may not serve me right but anyway..My mom took my sister and me to what is now grounds of Wendell Elementary school.. I remember they were having a "carnival" there to raise money for the new school that was to be built there or was it a Halloween Carnival?? hmmm Mary do you remember?? ANYWAY.....They had games, and just different stuff but of course they had this pony ride that they have for kids.. so Mary and I wanted to ride the ponies so we went in line...
There was a short line and it wasn't long before it was our turn to get on those little sweet looking ponies, I remember they had like 3 or 4 ponies that were hooked up to go in circles.. the man put mary (my sister) on the pony.. and then put me on another pony right behind my sister.. and we went around the circle.. by the time we went around the 1st time I remember thinking something ain't right!!! and I was right.. the saddle became loose and I was falling off the LITTLE PONY!! I remember just looking at stuff upside down and I was like HELP!!!!
As it was.. the guy who owned the ponies didnt' check the saddle and so the saddle was coming off and I was on it so hence.. I had to come off the pony WITH the saddle.. i remember hanging upside down with the saddle.. I was scared and everyone was laughing.. I remember once I was untangled from the saddle that I told my mom I wanted to go home!! so mom, mary and I went home..
To this day.. I like looking at horses but I DO NOT like riding horses.. ever since that experience over 20 years ago.. I won't forget that night!! and of course.. Mary doesn't EVER let me forget that night.. she brings it up every time she can!!
Robert.. Now that doesn't mean you can laugh at me!!! :-P
At this time as I recall it... since this happend over 20 years ago so my memory may not serve me right but anyway..My mom took my sister and me to what is now grounds of Wendell Elementary school.. I remember they were having a "carnival" there to raise money for the new school that was to be built there or was it a Halloween Carnival?? hmmm Mary do you remember?? ANYWAY.....They had games, and just different stuff but of course they had this pony ride that they have for kids.. so Mary and I wanted to ride the ponies so we went in line...
There was a short line and it wasn't long before it was our turn to get on those little sweet looking ponies, I remember they had like 3 or 4 ponies that were hooked up to go in circles.. the man put mary (my sister) on the pony.. and then put me on another pony right behind my sister.. and we went around the circle.. by the time we went around the 1st time I remember thinking something ain't right!!! and I was right.. the saddle became loose and I was falling off the LITTLE PONY!! I remember just looking at stuff upside down and I was like HELP!!!!
As it was.. the guy who owned the ponies didnt' check the saddle and so the saddle was coming off and I was on it so hence.. I had to come off the pony WITH the saddle.. i remember hanging upside down with the saddle.. I was scared and everyone was laughing.. I remember once I was untangled from the saddle that I told my mom I wanted to go home!! so mom, mary and I went home..
To this day.. I like looking at horses but I DO NOT like riding horses.. ever since that experience over 20 years ago.. I won't forget that night!! and of course.. Mary doesn't EVER let me forget that night.. she brings it up every time she can!!
Robert.. Now that doesn't mean you can laugh at me!!! :-P




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home