<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Friday, May 05, 2006

    If You're Going Through Hell....

    Hi Everybody.. yup that's right I'm back with another song :-) ... This one is by Rodney Atkins who actually is from our area here in East Tenn.. he sings another song I like about Honesty.. but with this new song I just fell in love with it.. because everyone has bad times and feels like nothing could be worse but then something happens and it does get worse.. so here's the song and I'll say something at the end where I'll explain when I went through something..



    Artist/Band: Rodney Atkins
    Lyrics for Song: If You're Going Through Hell


    Well you know those times
    When you fel like there's a sign there on your back
    Says I don't mind if ya kick me
    Seems like everybody has
    Things go from bad to worse
    You'd think they can't get worse than that
    And then they do

    You still walk the straight and narrow
    And you don't know where you are
    Use the needle of your compass
    To sew up your broken heart
    Ask directions from a genie
    In a bottle of Jim Beam
    And she lies to you
    That's when you learn the truth

    If you're going through hell
    Keep on going, Don't slow down
    If you're scared, don't show it
    You might get out
    Before the devil even knows you're there

    Well I been deep down in that darkness
    I been down to my last match
    Felt a hundred different demons
    Breathing fire down my back
    And I knew that if I stumbled
    I'd fall right into the trap that they were laying, Yeah

    But the good news
    Is there's angels everywhere out on the street
    Holding out a hand to pull you back upon your feet
    The one's that you been dragging for so long
    You're on your knees
    You might as well be free
    Guess what I'm saying
    If you're going through hell
    Keep on going, Don't slow down
    If you're scared, Don't show it
    You might get out
    Before the devil even knows you're there

    Yeah, If you're going through hell
    Keep on moving, face that fire
    Walk right through it
    You might get out
    Before the devil even knows you're there

    If you're going through hell
    Keep on going, Don't slow down
    If you're scared, Don't show it
    You might get out
    Before the devil even knows you're there

    Yeah, If you're going through hell
    Keep on moving, Face that fire
    Walk right through it
    You might get out
    Before the devil even knows you're there
    Yeah, you might get out
    Before the devil even knows you're there
    Yeah..

    There's been times in my life I felt like I was going through a lot of hell but somehow I always got pulled out of it by those who I love the most.. I've been suicidal parts of my life when I was a teenager, when I was going through my divorce etc. and somehow I had those who I love around and me and they helped me just like the angels in this song who are everywhere in the streets.. They helped me because they love me :)

    Now when things seem impossible.. I know that I can turn to my sister, and mom and know that I can lean on them when I need to, and They can lean on me when they go through something bad..

    1 Comments:

    Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

    Hey Runt,

    Sorry I had not been reading posts the last few days as I had been busy, you know why! :)

    Yes, I'm always there for you whenever you need me and I know you are there for me whenever I need you.. That's why God paired us up as sisters.. He knew we would need each other as we grow up..

    And you know those hard parts of your life has made you into a better person than you were before right?? You gain the knowledge and you are able to move on with it..

    Love you always! Your older sister :) M-

    12:21 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home