<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Saturday, May 27, 2006

    The River

    Back when I had just met David, He got me into country music and one of the first few songs that I just fell in love with is "The River" by Garth Brooks.. it just meant a lot because of dreams I have and some seemed so impossible and some I knew could happen if I worked hard at it. But of course that song is rarely ever played on the radio anymore because it's an old song etc. BUT this morning as I was getting out of the shower I had the radio on listening ot it and soon it played "The River" and I just felt I needed to post it on my blog today...

    In this time of my life there is still dreams that I have that I would love to accomplish and there are dreams that I have already accomplished.. I have accomplished having a steady job for the last 2 1/2 years, I am married to a man who is very good to me and who endures my moody days ;), I have a home, a car, I have things that I can now get if I wanted.. well some things at least hehe..

    Here is the song... I hope that it gives you some thoughts as to how true this song is that relates to everyone having dreams ..



    "The River" By Garth Brooks

    You know a dream mis like a river
    Ever changin' as it flows
    and a dreamer's just a vessel
    That must follow where it goes
    Trying to learn from what's behind you
    and never knowing what's in store
    Makes each day a constant battle
    Just to stay between the shores,.. and

    I will sail my vessel
    'Til the river runs dry
    Like a bird upon the wind
    These waters are my sky
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    So I will sail my vessel
    'Til the river runs dry

    Too many times we stand aside
    And let the waters slip away
    'Til what we put off till tomorrow
    Has now become today
    So don't you sit upon the shoreline
    And say you're satisfied
    Choose to chance the rapids
    And dare to dance the tides,... Yes

    I will sail my vessel
    Till the river runs dry
    Like a bird upon the wind
    These waters are my sky
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    So I will sail my vessel
    Till the river runs dry

    There's bound to be rougher waters
    And I know I'll take some falls
    But with the good Lord as my captain
    I can make it through them all... YES

    I will sail my vessel
    Till the river runs dry
    Like a bird upon the wind
    These waters are my sky
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    So I will sail my vessel
    Till The river runs dry

    Yes, I will sail my vessel
    Till the river runs dry
    Till the river runs dry


    I see my niece and nephews growing up and I know they have dreams that they have had since they were little and knowing they want to acheive those dreams and I hope that no matter what the obstacles that may come their way that they will over come them and finally acheive what they hope and dream for.

    Dreams of our futures are so real and alive and they can continue like that as long as we never give up when we come upon a brick wall.. We have to break down the wall and be able to get what we want..

    I stil have dreams that I have and I still hope one day they will come true.. and I will keep running my vessel till the river runs dry!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home