<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Sunday, January 15, 2006

    where did time go???

    Geez it's already Sunday!!! I feel like time is going so by so fast that i don't even get to relax this weekend.. the last 3 weeks has been sooo crazy and hectic for me that I just don't feel like i'm getting some relaxation on weekends.. sigh... guess that's what we get when we're older..

    First it started off with christmas.. since it fell on a Sunday we were off work on monday which i was glad and I got to rest but poor Robert had to work that day.. but by Tuesday when I went back to work.. we had to work harder to get our work caught up to be done by the deadline which puts a lot of stress on everyone else who does the same work as I do.. which there is a total of 4 of us ladies who do the same thing.. by that Friday Dec.30th one of the ladies was off from work because she was scheduled to work that Saturday.. we were called into one of our boss's office and had a meeting about Monday.. we were suppose to be off from work that Monday for New Year's day but we knew that another lady was going on vacation that week due to her 7 month old granddaughter was having open heart surgery that week.. so she wanted to go to Memphis to be with the baby because it was a 50-50 chance she'd make it..

    So we agreed to work on that Monday so we wouldn't be so far behind on our work because when 1 of us is out for a vacation or out sick it puts a strain on the other 3 and we work double hard to be able to done by the deadline.. so I was the one who was voted to call Carol (the one who was off friday because she worked that Saturday) to give her the news that we were gonna have to work that Monday.. I didn't look forward to making that phone call but I was the only one who had her Cell phone Number.. sigh.. Carol was NOT happy that we had to work but she knew what we would have to do so she agreed to be there Saturday..now let me tell ya that I could've left a note for her on her desk about Monday but who would want a note on their desk saying be there Monday?? I felt that was pretty cruel especially if she had plans that she would need to cancel..So believe me I was looking forward to that trip to the cabin in the Mtns. that weekend!!

    So when we went back to work Monday we all were being pretty upset about working but knew it was the right thing to do etc. but then here came the noise!! see our company is expanding the building out more so we'd have more room in the office since it's VERY cramped right now every office space is taken and there is just simply no room for anybody else to be there.. So they had some workers there Monday working and all that noise oh my gosh it was unbearable to work but we knew this was the 1st day of the next 7 months of hearing all the noises of construction workers etc. but luckily they only stayed half a day and they were gone.. I worked very hard to get things done and we were really happy we were able to get done by the deadline.. another lady in our little group had also gotten sick that week and had missed a few hours each 2 days she worked because she was really feeling sick.. We didn't think she needed to be there but she said we need to be done with the work.. sigh.. So now we started on the next week's work..

    Then the 3rd week.. ugh!!!! the baby had taken the turn for the worst and was still in ICU and wasnt' doing well so Brenda stayed in Memphis and wasn't coming back.. OH MY GOSH!!! we were feeling stressed then.. although we were worried about the baby we just didn't know what to do and why?? because Wanda was out sick too!!! she was told NOT to work for the whole week OH MAN!!! So I started coming into work EARLIER and staying later after 5 to be able to be done so I could start on either Wanda's or Brenda's work.. but on Tuesday we got the news the baby had gotten better and went through a 2nd surgery to repair what they had done on the 1st surgery and was pulling through much better so Brenda was coming back to work on Wedensday and so was Wanda!! she felt a bit better and wanted to be there to do her work..

    So on wedensday the gang was all back together by lunch time.. although we weren't even CLOSE to being done with our work there was a tremendous lift off my shoulder knowing everyone was back..but still I started helping Brenda with her work and amazingly enough.. by thursday at 4 pm we had gotten EVERYTHING done.. I think the others were surprised but we were done and so on Friday we were getting started with our Monday's work.. I just feel like I was getting runned over by a bulldozer because of all the things we had to go through at work.. But in the end I am glad that everyone is back..

    And for those who are wondering.. The baby is doing wonderful and was moved to a regular room on Friday morning and was told she could go home as early as yesterday (Saturday) or Today..So I am glad that she was getting better and getting stronger each day.. She has been through so much the last 7 months every since she was born she has struggled to stay alive and grow.. Although she's not out of the woods entirely she may have to have another heart surgery eventually but at least for now she's made it through..

    Tomorrow I was suppose to take the day off but I had postponed 1 of my doctor appts. and another appt tmw. afternoon for robert and me to see our family doctor had to be cancelled becuase our dr is out of town :( geeezzzzz so I'll go on to work and be stressed all over again hehe...

    I'm now working on deciding when I wanna take my vacations this year.. I get 2 weeks off a year and I wanna take one off earlier in the year like the spring time and take the other in the fall perhaps.. Sept or Oct.. depending on what happens with Oct... Time will tell eventually on that part no rush for me to decide when to take the one later in the year.. but for now IF we don't have any bad weather I won't have to take vacation days for those winter snowy days and I'll take it for a full week but when?!?!?! hmmmm March.. Or April... May?? I hate it when I want something so bad but not knowing when I wanna do it LOL..

    Well gonna close this post and work on another post.. see ya then...

    1 Comments:

    Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

    You can set a week vacation so we can go and do a whole lot of quilting :) that is if I don't find a job by then! :)

    Smiling, Mary

    11:57 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home