<
Name:
Location: Clinton, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful man I have 3 cats who brings out the best in me and 4 wonderful dogs that I love so much.. these are my 7 children :)

  • Robert's Blog
  • Mary's Blog
  • Mary's picture Blog
  • Tori's Blog
  • Joshua's Page
  • Vicki's Blog
  • Doug's Blog
  • Sarita's Blog
  • Toby's Blog
  • Patty's Blog
  • Tuesday, September 28, 2004

    The Carver's Dedication

    Hi Everyone!!

    Sorry it took so long to get on here and post about the dedication.. But here I am FINALLY.. of course you didnt' have to wait toooo long.. since it was just 2 days ago.. but it feels like it was yesterday!!

    The day was sooo beautiful and the dedication went without a hitch!! I was nervous since I really am not that good in doing public speaking and didn't have my devotion memorized so had to have a piece of paper in my hand and read off what I /Robert had came up with for the Devotion.. and here's what I had said ...



    Thank you for coming on such a beautiful and wonderful day to celebrate the dedication of the new home for the Carver's.

    This Journey started back in 2003, but is not yet completed. The Journey is still on going for you and the family. The Journey of finally moving in to this wonderful new home, making new friends, starting a new life on Wakeman Lane, and the Journey will continue on through the years to come and will never come to an end.

    I ask you this question my friends…What is a house? A house is a home, and a home is 4 walls, and a roof, some windows and doors, but a home is so much more than that.
    A home is a place that you can come back to when you have no other place to go. A home is a place to sit beside the fireplace on a cold winter’s morning and read to your children their favorite story. A home is a place where you can cuddle with the one that you love on a long cold winter night, or a place to just sit and relax while watching television after a long hard day at work.


    A home is a place where you can invite family and friends over to spend quality and meaningful time together, while dining on your favorite dishes, or maybe just catching up on the latest news or gossip.

    This home that Mary, Bucky, Justin, Tori & Ryan, Prepare to move into soon, is a home built with love, warmth, compassion, caring, and sweat. A home built by their friends, family, volunteers, and by themselves as well. A home for them to enjoy and to cherish for years to come, thanks to Habitat For Humanity, and to you my friends.
    You can all be proud to stand here today in awe of this miracle that you have worked so hard to accomplish, with the help of Habitat, you and God.


    Mary, Bucky, Justin, Tori and Ryan:
    Your home was built by those who were working through God's love and compassion and built you this home that is strong and can not be shaken, for this home was built to give his children a decent place to live and also to be warm and safe.


    "He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock."
    Luke 6:48


    Amen,

    What was so great was with my devotion, and the song that was sung by Teresa Seales it was all about the same thing so it worked out sooo great!! and we didn't know what the other was gonna say or in her case sing..

    There was not a dry eye in the crowd from the song it was just sooo beautiful.. EVEN I CRIED!! and I had to do my devotion right after this song which was soo hard NOT to cry while I was saying the devotion.. But I think I did a good job hehe..

    But, I am glad that the dedication went great from the weather, to how it went from each person doing their part, to the touring of the house, to everyone saying how wonderful the house looks.. WHICH IT DOES!!! the inside is just sooo beautiful.. it's hard to imagine that this is a habitat house!! it looks like it's "fancy" made for people with money.. BUT of course that's my own opinion but I just love this house.. I am determined to have a house like this!!! ;)

    I don't have pics of this day on my computer, My dad had e mailed me the pics but like a dummy I had deleted them :( But don't worry.. I can always get the pics and when I do, I'll post one up here!! but NOT OF ME!!! ROFL..


    well that's about it.. I'll talk to ya later!!!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home